Well I just traded my friend for his processor. I gave him my terrible Q9550 that wouldnt post at 3.2 GHz for his E8500, cause he doesnt even overclock. Anyway I did some overclocking 2 Hours of OCCT Stable Mix Test. and 6HR Prime95 Blend Test. I want you guys to comment on it and tell me if I can improve in anything.
16733 3D Mark 06
Specs: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
EVGA 750I FTW
G.SKILL PI Series DDR2-800 4-4-4-12
EVGA Geforce 260 GTX (216 SP) @ 680/1403/1151
OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU
300 GB Velociraptor
**Note the highest Temp it reached on prime95 was 77 C
Questions I have
1. Should I run this as a 24/7 OC?
2. Any settings I should change?
3. Is it worth it to do a pencil mod on a 750i
4. Is there anyway i can mess up anything while attempting to do a pencil mod?
5. Any pencil modding guides that you guys can show me?
Thanks, in advance. Feel free to comment on whatever. Thanks again
EDIT: I really dont wanna run intelburn test because i think the temps would be crazy and its never really stable for me. Do you think OCCT and Prime95 stable is good enough?