OCing my AMD advice, have i hit the limit? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-13-2007, 09:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
snypercore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 738
Default Re: OCing my AMD advice, have i hit the limit?

well the thign is it shutdown on me during a game of CSS, and coretemp and speedfan said it was 51 degrees max, and myh BIOS is set to shutdown at 65 so either the apps are wrong or somethign else went wrong

also this mobo only lets you increase the voltage by set amounts
__________________

__________________
snypercore is offline  
Old 07-13-2007, 09:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
Apokalipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 14,559
Default Re: OCing my AMD advice, have i hit the limit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snypercore View Post
well the thign is it shutdown on me during a game of CSS, and coretemp and speedfan said it was 51 degrees max, and myh BIOS is set to shutdown at 65 so either the apps are wrong or somethign else went wrong
overheating can cause errors, which can shut down the PC.

Quote:
also this mobo only lets you increase the voltage by set amounts
What amounts?
__________________

__________________
Apokalipse is offline  
Old 07-14-2007, 05:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
snypercore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 738
Default Re: OCing my AMD advice, have i hit the limit?

ok since alll this happened at teh 2.8 mark i lowered it all abck to what i had before and my temps are still a bit to hi. is there anything that can happen to a CPU when it gets to hot that would cause permanant high temps even when the voltage is lowered? also im gettting crashes and some bottlenecking during general usage I.E FF,iTunes,Steam,MSN i dare even try a game at the moment.
__________________
snypercore is offline  
Old 07-14-2007, 10:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
Apokalipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 14,559
Default Re: OCing my AMD advice, have i hit the limit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snypercore View Post
ok since alll this happened at teh 2.8 mark i lowered it all abck to what i had before and my temps are still a bit to hi. is there anything that can happen to a CPU when it gets to hot that would cause permanant high temps even when the voltage is lowered? also im gettting crashes and some bottlenecking during general usage I.E FF,iTunes,Steam,MSN i dare even try a game at the moment.
I would get extra cooling for that chip.

If the temps are that high, I'd think about taking off the IHS, too.
__________________
Apokalipse is offline  
Old 07-16-2007, 09:57 AM   #15 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
snypercore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 738
Default Re: OCing my AMD advice, have i hit the limit?

well a zlaman is on my endless shopping list, but i dunno what happened becuase now its running back to normal idling in the low 30's. still at 2.7Ghz
__________________
snypercore is offline  
Old 07-16-2007, 11:17 AM   #16 (permalink)
Everything to Nothing
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Wales
Posts: 4,053
Send a message via MSN to Nick
Default Re: OCing my AMD advice, have i hit the limit?

i have that processor, the highest i got it was something like 2.7 with stock cooling
Nick is offline  
Old 07-16-2007, 08:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
Apokalipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 14,559
Default Re: OCing my AMD advice, have i hit the limit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snypercore View Post
well a zlaman is on my endless shopping list, but i dunno what happened becuase now its running back to normal idling in the low 30's. still at 2.7Ghz
What are the temps of your room?
__________________

__________________
Apokalipse is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need a reformat -- MS Office, will it count as re-install limit? Quintox Microsoft Windows and Software 6 05-24-2007 12:21 AM
Title Limit Silverlord Forum Admin, Announcements & Feedback 0 05-08-2007 06:20 AM
New build advice needed sguffee New Systems | Building and Buying 13 04-12-2007 11:48 PM
Building Media Computer - Need Advice bigbaddog Computer Audio and Multimedia 5 04-12-2007 11:20 PM
e6400 OCing problems Higach Overclocking and Modding 7 03-27-2007 07:30 PM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.