OCing my 8600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
The settings will only stay if ATi Tool is on. If you shut ATi Tool off it goes back to stock. The reason is because the video card has a BIOS of its own which has programmed clocks in it. When you over clock it you don't change the BIOS, so unless it's being persistently over clocked (via a program being on) it will use the BIOS settings.

Whenever I close ATi Tool after applying the preset, it still stays overclocked.

i used to oc my e6600 with the gigabyte software... cuz i was only able to boot at about 3.6 - 3.7 ghz.. then after that, i'd need the software to take it to 3.8-3.9

hmmmm. ive never even oced my cpu ive been to scared....... is there any easy tutorial or something for Core 2 Duo's?

I've used ati tool and ntune, and i've found ati tool to work better.
I like how you can scan for artifacts while having the 3d object thing.
Run the stress test for about 20 mins and look for random glitches, dots or the sound error.

Your oc seems kind of high, especially for the temps. Mine card oc, doesnt go over 75 or rarely on a really hot day it gets to 80.

To be honest, it barely made a difference in gaming.
I'll be getting the 8800gts soon and wont even bother oc it...its not worth it.

honestly im in same boat,,, im not even worrying about the GPU until my 8800 account finally gets to 300$.. =] cuz you cant even notice a diference in games , maybe 2-5 fps... if im lucky.... lol and my temps are scaring me so i backed down. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom