Ocing my 3700 s754

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalk4

In Runtime
I raised the FSB on my 3700+ s754 to 250 and it brought my RAM back up to 200mhz finally. I am running at 250 x 10.5 for my multiplier and have my HT multiplier at 3 so that I don't go over 800 for the mobo FSB.

My question is that when I load web pages/programs it takes 3-5 seconds, I have cable modem..., and will use upwards of 60 of my CPU process when I look at task manager. I think it is not right was curious if anyone had recommendations for what to do.

I ran Prime 95 for 6 hours last night and everything was stable. I would run MEMtest but I don't have a floppy disk hooked up to my comp. Is there another method I could test mem with that doesn't require a floppy?

Web pages should have very little effect on the CPU load, unless it's some flash animation or something.

What's it like when you are loading programs?

BTW, how can you have dual channel RAM with your socket 754? The memory controller in a 754 doesn't even support dual channel.

also u shouldnt have a multiplyer set to a half(like 10.5,11.5) set it to 10 or 11. thats what i heard in some oc guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom