OCing my 3000+ Venice

Status
Not open for further replies.
beardo526 said:
Your math is screwed up. Memory frequency at 166Mhz is a 5:4 ratio, not 6:5.
Um, no, 166 is 6:5 HTT:RAM 160 is 5:4

But I think I found something that explains it. This chart shows how the mem dividers change as you change the CPU multiplier:

http://i4memory.com/showthread.php?t=274

This shows your exact scenario. At a x8 multi, a 166 divider becomes 160...

yeah the AMD64's are wacky with that stuff...I've got that program that's on the thread you linked that'll tell you what your memory will result in....they also have the formula over at DFI to figure it out yourself, but who wants to do that? :p

Sir if I were you I'd save up and go with a AMD 64bit proc now that the new X2's are out the price is flushed. If you wish to stick with an XP proc get the XP 3200+ and flash mod it. Flash modded mine, ran an OC'ed ati x800pro on water and hit high 8k about 9k in 3Dmark05

Sir if I were you I'd save up and go with a AMD 64bit proc now that the new X2's are out the price is flushed. If you wish to stick with an XP proc get the XP 3200+ and flash mod it. Flash modded mine, ran an OC'ed ati x800pro on water and hit high 8k about 9k in 3Dmark05

1. He's got an AMD64
2. You didn't get 8 or 9k, infact, not even 7k with an X800pro no matter what system you used even if it was 2gb of ridiculously overclocked ram and an FX57 in 3dmark05

please don't deny some one else scores especially when they'll been into this hobby for years. With the proper GPU core speeds and mem speeds, all waterblocked and ramsinked, flashed 3200+ xp proc yes scores can raise higher. With a decent AMD 64bit and a x800xt you can hit high 9's to 10's with the proper overclocked gpu core and mem speeds once again. There is no reason why a flashed 3200+ proc and flashed x800pro to x800xtpe speeds (12p's to 16's) can't perform the same. With 2 gigs of Cosair's XMS Low Latency sticks yes it can be done.

edit: Im not going to argue, to each their own:cool:

BSill said:
Why don't you post a compare link there champ lol :p

Where did this guy come from :amazed:

idiotec said:
Um, no, 166 is 6:5 HTT:RAM 160 is 5:4

But I think I found something that explains it. This chart shows how the mem dividers change as you change the CPU multiplier:

http://i4memory.com/showthread.php?t=274

This shows your exact scenario. At a x8 multi, a 166 divider becomes 160...

Well that's just god damn weird... I did it a different way and came up with the same results. I used this link that Nubius posted in a different thread. http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3393

Scroll down to post #4 where it has the RAM ratio divider table. My HTT was at 300, and in the BIOS, I set my RAM to DDR 333, so I looked at where those two intersected and got my memory speed. In the DDR 333 column, it says FSB:MEM=5:4, so... 300 x 4 / 5 = 240. It never said the CPU multiplier had anything to do with it.

na im not gunna challenge the champ, ive been over at xtreme systems forums and computer org forums and i just found this one so im checking it out, actually trying to sell a koolance pc case with the integrated liquid cooling setup in it already if anyone was interested lol

but anyways i got another question, would u recommend the new x2's or wait for the 64bit price to flush more and just go with a 64bit non x2 fx series proc?

that's because there is no challenege....the newer top of the line graphics cards are hitting 7k+ in 3dmark05 so you on a socket A system, regardless of water cooling, and your card are NOT hitting 8k or 9k in 3dmark05.....I don't care who you think you are or how long you've been in this 'hobby' it's simply not possible, simple as that.

na im not gunna challenge the champ,
he called YOU the champ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom