OCing my 2600 xp-m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effex

In Runtime
now that i have it up and running it would be great to have some suggestions.

i have already oced to 200x12, 1.65v but i would like to push out a little more. the cpu is at 35c right now

what all should i configure in the BIOS

oh, and where should i get the drivers to update and what all do i need to update. i am new working with my computer this advanced so please be specific

oh, and where should i get the drivers to update and what all do i need to update.
Theres nothing to update. OC'ing doesn't require any fancy new drivers or anything. If anything you can get custom BIOS's found here:

http://www.pc-tweaker.ch/Downloads/Bios/Modded/Abit.php

That's assuming you have an NF7-S v2 board though.

As far as what you should configure in the BIOS there's nothing special there either. Right now you're just bumping up the multiplier by .5 increments and upping voltage accordingly for stability

the idle temp doesn't mean squat really. It's the load temp you gotta watch so you should post that over idle.

i dont have a program to test the stress of an oc. what do you think i can get away with safely nubius?

Effex said:
i dont have a program to test the stress of an oc. what do you think i can get away with safely nubius?

just run an intense game. gaming is one of the most stressful apps ur computer can run (providing it isn't liek solitaire lol)

just run an intense game. gaming is one of the most stressful apps ur computer can run (providing it isn't liek solitaire lol)
yup, prime95 is a good stress test, but yeah my computer could do 13 hours under 235FSB but couldn't play a game. It would crash after an hour. Play doom3, if it doesn't crash it's stable :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom