OCing help

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds to me like your CPU may be 80C, sometimes detectors can be confused, you really must watch all sensors and don't let any of them get above 60C (except for GPU).

To overclock your CPU or memory it is essential that you have modified the VCore at least a little, this adds stability and increases temperature.

My Barton XP2500+ (1.83GHz, 333FSB) is overclocked to 2.2GHz with a VCore of 1.70V - temperature is about 50C under load. I had the option to change my multiplier though.

Well let me ask you this, if i needed to up the Vcore, why would it run fine forever, just not loading the OS???

Even after letting it cycle itself 10 times it just doesnt load OS...

Anways, Ill slightly mess with the voltage, will get back to you.

It's NOT running fine if you're OS isn't loading...that's a completely contradicting statement.

Your computer is going to need to use a lot more CPU power when trying to load the OS than when it is just posting.

But if you're computer isn't loading the OS then it's not 'running fine forever'

The CPU needs more voltage to deliver the speeds that you're setting past the stock speeds.

So I figured out under PC Health Status that the option to change the VCORE is greyed-out. I cannot change anything in that submenu that will allow me to access the greyed out menu items, which include other voltages for other devices.

I've lookes at the MB Manual for possable jumpers that would/would not allow me to edit these setting, and there are none, I have the latest Bios version, but now i am completely stuck on what I can and cannot do.

well under PC health status it tells you of the Vcore but you're not supposed to be able to changed it there. You want to look for an advanced settings menu unless you've already thoroughly looked through the BIOS and found no Vcore options. If you can't raise the Vcore then you need to back down the overclock

Well, that is very dissapointing. Is there anyway to manually set whether you can edit the values?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom