OCing GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should adjust the core and memory clocks. I tend to leave the shader clock alone. The only way you can know if it is stable is by playing the game. If you get artifacts then you went to far.

You should adjust the core and memory clocks. I tend to leave the shader clock alone. The only way you can know if it is stable is by playing the game. If you get artifacts then you went to far.

RivaTuner links the clock and shader. What are artifacts?*EDIT* i figured what artifacts are** Now in what increments should i adjust for the 3 or 2(core/mem)?

you should be able to unlink the core and mem. Artifacts are any discoloration or pixel popping. Basically anything out of the ordinary while gaming

up the core and mem clocks between 5 and 10MHz between each run of 3dmark... when you start to see artifacts (which will usually appear as snow or out of place pixels) you should back down about 5MHz

Wow that's pushing the card to the limit. Usually I clock back down at least 25mhz whenever I see artifacts.

yeah i kinda like to take it as far as possible... at the moment i've got my cards clocked up to the very last MHz i can get out of them... if i push it just one MHz more on either the memory or the core, i start getting artifacts in the background in crysis... only a few here and there, but enough that i know that's all i can get outta the cards right now

25mhz is quite a lot.....its not like artifacts kill the card or something.

just your gaming experience! lol

lots of people (even the guys at Guru3D) recommend backing off 25MHz, but really, artifacts are just a visual sign that you're getting to the brink of the cards potential... think of it as something to say "Stop there... stop while you're ahead!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom