OCing GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
RivaTuner has a function that will monitor and graph the temps for you and it'll also overlay the GPU temp in games... so you can run 3dmark and just watch the number or you can go back through the graph later

RivaTuner has a function that will monitor and graph the temps for you and it'll also overlay the GPU temp in games... so you can run 3dmark and just watch the number or you can go back through the graph later

awesome i'll try that. well so far this is where ive gotten without artifacts.

core730/mem1045 FanSpd= 71%

MaxTemps= gpu60, gpu52.8, pcb44.5

MinTemps= gpu44, gpu36.3, pcb 36.5

What are dangerous temps?

most modern cards have a shutdown temp of about 120°C, but older cards (eg GeForce 6 series) have max temps of up to 155°C... but you really shouldn't run your card at more than 85°C for extended periods of time

Well i kept ocing but never saw artifacts in 3dmark06.

core750/mem1065/1750shader FanSpd= 71%

MaxTemps= gpu62, gpu53.4, pcb45.3

MinTemps= gpu44, gpu36.8, pcb 36.6

under these settings i played TF2(no problem), Bioshock(no problem) and Crysis. a few trees were colorful in crysis so i backed my oc down 5mhz. again i didnt see any problems in 3dmark06.

i wanna see a 3dmark run when you get that 280 OCed as far as it can possibly go... you should get some pretty wicked SM2 and 3 scores!

well i think im going to put the 280 OC on hold until i upgrade my PSU. i need a 6 and a 8 pin for power and right now im using the adapter that isnt meant for long term usage. probably going to get the 1000HX modular.

that's a pretty sweet PSU, but unless you're gonna be running tri SLI you wont need that much power... a TX-750 will power any 1 or 2 card setup at any level of OC with ease

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom