OC'ing a Geforce FX 5600 128mb

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero1424

In Runtime
aight i have a Lian Li T3 coming, so I plan to have it monitor my geforce's temperature.

Right next to my geforce is a system blower. I'm gonna overclock my geforce as much as I possibly can as soon as I find which temperature I should watch out for.

Does anyone have and ideas or links they can give me to what the average temperature of a FX5600 should be, what temperature I should start stop OC'ing?

uhm, you don't typically overclock by temp, in that case you wouldn't even consider overclocking, video cards run hot enough.. overclock the card in increments until you start noticing display problems, dots, etc... then lessen the overclock on it, by small amounts, don't go over 70c, but.. i assure you you're probably already running at 60-65c

ok, i have these: clock frequency / memory clock frequency.. so i should just keep upping those, and don't go over 70C?

you have the same card as me but mine is 256mb and i OC'd mine from 300/400 to 378/560 with no problem at all. if you ask me those are optimal frequnces try those out and get back to me

-=B$=- said:
you have the same card as me but mine is 256mb and i OC'd mine from 300/400 to 378/560 with no problem at all. if you ask me those are optimal frequnces try those out and get back to me

holy shit....that is one major OC

My ATI 9800XT came stock at 412/365 and my MAX OC was like 440/400

Starting getting really bad artifacts after that.

Ok are you using powerstrip or are you using just the properties with the registry thing? or something else. I'm using the registry thing and whenever I restart my computer I find that my clock frequences are back to default..
My memory clock wont go to 540+, so its at 539 right now.. Im at 380/539. Running smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom