OC'ing an E6750

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayzolight

Baseband Member
I have the Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz with the stock cooler ( i did use arctic silver )

I intend on upgrading the CPU cooler in time, but am I safe to OC this (slightly) with the stock cooler? I'm not looking to break any records, just a little performance bump. Thoughts?

Not sure if this is relevant, but my mobo is the: GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R

Very new at this OC'ing thing. Thanks in advance.

you can probably take it up to 3ghz or 3.16 safely on the stock cooling. and that board is pretty good at oc'ing dualies so that's a plus.

thanks! is there an idiot proof utility that can help me do this? i really only know the basics of OC'ing.

not really... idiots can wreck up just about anything! lol but your board should have come with a disc which has Gigabyte EasyTune on it, which provides a fairly simple GUI software OCing method

its fairly easy to get started... the most effective and stable way of OCing is through the BIOS... Go into the MIT menu and increase the FSB, vcore and the MCH voltage (+0.1V should be good for now) to start... that's about as simple (and complex) as i can put a modest OC... if you want to pull more out of your chip, you'll have to play around with settings like memory timings and clock skew

EDIT: oh yeah... keep an eye on your temps using CoreTemp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom