OCing E6320 on Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

advancedgeek

Daemon Poster
Hey guys I bought this motherboard and cpu few days ago and also i am having trouble overclocking as it only goes far as around 310 for fsb and above that it freezes. The cpu is running at around 50 C and also any good advice on overclcoking my E6320 on this motherboard? I would like to know if easytune 5 that came with the motherboard is good or not. Also i have 2 A-Data DDR2 667 Mhz 512MB RAM in case ram also matters. I think my E6320 should go around 3.0GHz but any good overclocking tips are welcome.

Software overclocking is not advisable. You should do overclocking through the BIOS. What is your vcore voltage at?

the DS3 should be able to get at least as far as 400fps with no vMCH increace.

having you increased the CPU voltage? put the voltage control on manual, then stick the DDR2 voltage on whatever your ram is rated for, and up the CPU voltage untill it is stable.

Windows overclocking rules for benchmarking, as you can run stuff that it refuses to POST at, but yea, for 24/7 OCs, BIOS.

make sure you have the bios flashed to F11. I have the same mobo and the F11 bios version has OCing fixes for the E6320 and E6420.

you can get the bios from gigabyte's website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom