In OC'ing ATI cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

IF06

In Runtime
They're preinstalled overclocking software in the catalyst control center, let's me overclock obviously. They mention how much I can, and sets a limit...I was wondering if oc'ing the video card would increase temperature any where else in the computer aside from the card.

Oh, well than I dont have to worry about that....it's covered to force the air out of the rear

is there anything else limiting me?

btw, i have an ati x850 xt pe, does anyone what temp i should stop at? It seems I can go alot further than what i have right now, but im going to do some research before doing so

If you get ati tray tools it will tell you temp of gpu and area. Get th ati omega drivers if you dont already, it has the ati try tools in it. Also the cooler is limiting you if its the stock one. A aftermarket cooler like a vf900 with some arctic silver 5 would be great for overlcocking. Plus the core can limit overclocking.

The Catalyst Control Center OCs the card only a scant 4MHz. Absolutely nothing to get excited over. Unless yours allows you to manually change the card's clock speed.

If your talking about ati tray tools, yes you can. You can adjust the fan speed to manual or set to certain speeds at temperatures, timings (dont play with them unless you 100% know what your doing), and clock speeds (can find max of core and mem, set it to w/e speeds you want, bench to get an idea where your at, and scan for artifacts. It also offers to dividers and you can manual fiddle around with them).

catalyst control center lets you change the fan percentage speeds based on temperature... and about the 4 mhz... catalyst let me take it to x1900xtx speeds... there is nothing wrong with the new versions of the catalyst control center.. although the resolutions on there dont seem to work.. i set it to 1280x1024 and it got all stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom