OC'ing the 9850 phenom BE

Status
Not open for further replies.
try raising the multiplier to 17 and lower the clock to 180.
that will give you 3.06, probably stable with little or no voltage increase.
make sure the ram is downclocked, like someone said.
you may try raising the mcp and other voltages one notch as well when you get a high clock. i know that helps stabilize mine.

thats a new one on me... what does mcp stand for? sorry for asking just curious... but I will try that right now

nah 790fx is made by AMD, so they don't want their rival's dual GPU platform, they just support Crossfire

dang it, that was on the first page, didn't notice there was a second page (pointless post, so delete)

haha well I am slowly working my way back up to 3.0 sitting at 2972.53 mhz right now and stable it seems... would do the 180X17 but my mobo only allows 200-650.. I will keep working on it if you guys have any more recs...

how do I go about taking a pic of the bios settings page? digital camera? sorry for the stupid question... should know this if i can put together a computer lol

What GPU are you using exactly? 7950gt? x1950xt?

I'm trying to guess based on what your 3dmark06 score was

Nvidia haven't made any chipsets for AM2+ yet. So far it's only the AMD/ATI 700 series chipset boards.
Nvidia will make some though I think, they should be called Nforce 780a.

Anyway, 3870 X2's are still fast. And the 4870 X2's will be even better

i cant wait for the 4870 x2! Would u buy mine for $300 once we all here an official release date fro teh 4870 x2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom