OCing with 680iLT / BIOS Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What voltages are you running in your setup? I can't seem to find one that wants to be stable past the first 5 tests in Prime.

if you're not stable, just stick a bit more voltage through the core until you get stable... crashing's not gonna hurt your chip

btw, what's the VID on that chip?? if its one of the newer ones (packed in the latter half of 08) you'll be hard pressed to get more than 3.2-3.4GHz that's 24/7 stable without a hulluva lotta volts

I bought the CPU at the end of January 2008.
The stock setting in the BIOS show
VID @ 1.28V **EDIT** Read in another thread that that's Vcore not VID, CoreTemp shows a VID of 1.325V
VTT @ 1.2V
Memory @ 1.85V -- The RAM is 5-5-5-16 when set to optimal, but is rated 4-4-4-12 up to 2.2V
nForce SPP @ 1.25V

At 3.3GHz it needs 1.35V to reach the desktop. I'm sure it needs more to be fully stable though.

Well I had to jack it all the way up to 1.425V in order to get Prime to make it past the first tests. The system freezes once it gets into the 800000 tests. Temps were about 57*C.

I am still trying to get my BIOS updated to the P08. It says that it helps with OCing. But I am not having ANY luck with that. The BIOS that is.

Running back at stock speeds right now.....

Is tha crucial ram? Put that to 2.0V.

You've got a crappy chip.. Youre not going to oc well.

Try leaving the Vcore on auto......... just really watch temps.

**** :sad:

Finally got the BIOS updated, we'll see if that helps any.

Ill give Auto a shot and see what I can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom