OC'ing the 6000+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hampton

Yee Ol' Salt
I am going to the store and getting the 6000+ AMD chip today (I hope)
and would like to know how the stock HF will handle the ASUS 10% OC feature thats in my BIOS.

Will it be to much for the stock HF?

I am going to the store and getting the 6000+ AMD chip today (I hope)
and would like to know how the stock HF will handle the ASUS 10% OC feature thats in my BIOS.

Will it be to much for the stock HF?

you dont want to touch the % overclocking feature on your asus board.
its better to oc manually.
what 6000 are you getting, they made a few if i remember correctly.
some come @ 3.0 and some come @ 3.1
some come @ 95w(or is it 89w?) and some come @ 125w.
either way, this chip doesnt have much headroom to begin with, so good luck with the stock cooling. one of the pro's here (charles) could only sqeeze out a +500MHz OC on it. not sure what cooling he had.

The one I'm looking @ is 3.1 and 89w.

500mhz? thats more than I would expect, I have knowledge on a few things but manual OC is def not one of them, thats how I fried the last one :) ubtil I know more the 10% would be more than enough to break it in.

The one I'm looking @ is 3.1 and 89w.

500mhz? thats more than I would expect, I have knowledge on a few things but manual OC is def not one of them, thats how I fried the last one :) ubtil I know more the 10% would be more than enough to break it in.

i cant even use the % oc or i get blue screen

edit: 10% would net you 310MHz, i am not sure you can do this with stock cooler, altho, i didnt get a stock cooler with my chip so i really cant comment on them. 3100 + 310= 3410, that would be hard even with aftermarket cooling.

i cant even use the % oc or i get blue screen

edit: 10% would net you 310MHz, i am not sure you can do this with stock cooler, altho, i didnt get a stock cooler with my chip so i really cant comment on them. 3100 + 310= 3410, that would be hard even with aftermarket cooling.

I grabbed the 3.1 as the store was closing, got home and installed it.. WOW I dig the stock HF its got the heat pipes and all.. got everything back together and had to re-setup the BIOS because when I fried my CPU (the 4800+) i tried to reset the cmos and it went back to defaults. and so did the ASUS easy OC on the CPU (10%) and its running nice @ 3.4 with stock HF.

What is a good program for Temps?

I have the one that came bundled with the board but maybe there is one thats better.

I grabbed the 3.1 as the store was closing, got home and installed it.. WOW I dig the stock HF its got the heat pipes and all.. got everything back together and had to re-setup the BIOS because when I fried my CPU (the 4800+) i tried to reset the cmos and it went back to defaults. and so did the ASUS easy OC on the CPU (10%) and its running nice @ 3.4 with stock HF.

What is a good program for Temps?

I have the one that came bundled with the board but maybe there is one thats better.

nice 3.4 is good.

i use pc wizard for my temp readings.

CPUID

edit: run super pi with that, you should get 2nd place of the amd systems.

what are you using to test the stability of your overclock? Did you go straight to 3.4 or did you move it up slowly?

what are you using to test the stability of your overclock? Did you go straight to 3.4 or did you move it up slowly?

Yep jumped to 3.4 right after I put everything back together. lol
but if I try to up it again will do it more slowly and I'm using the ASUS AI OC in the BIOS.

seemed fine for the first half hour.. but did windows update and installed new driver for my M3N chipset.. so may have been part of it.. but took no chances and backed it down to 3% OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom