OCing a 2800+ Sempron

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Celeron D is a dual core CPU. the Sempron will perform about the same as the Celeron when running single threaded programs (will only use one core) but in multithreading programs, even being overclocked won't put the Sempron ahead.

however if you compare it to a Celeron (not Celeron D) 2.8, you can certainly overclock it and make it faster, provided your motherboard and RAM can also handle it

apokalipse said:
the "D" stands for dual.

If that was the case the Celeron D would have been the first dual core to hit the market,The Celeron D is not a dually it's just a little 64bit cpu,They are planning on making dual core Celeron's but they won't be out for a while ;)

apokalipse said:
the Sempron will perform about the same as the Celeron when running single threaded programs (will only use one core) but in multithreading programs, even being overclocked won't put the Sempron ahead.

Check here for bench's about the Celeron D vs Sempron,The Sempron beat's the Celeron every time :D

if the Pentium D is dual core, and Celeron D is not, what is the dual core Celeron going to be called?
Intel seem confused right now....

but anyway, back on topic. what's your motherboard?

Have no idea what they will call it,Can't really find much info on it either :confused: All the looking i did on google i only found a couple place's that gave it just a tiny mention.

yeah Celeron D is just a beefed up version of the older Celeron with 256k cache added...I'm pretty sure I remember reading Intel dropping the Pentium/Celeron scheme altogether and is just going to call a CPU an Intel 3.2GHz or an Intel 670 etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom