ocing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Golden Master
well those of you who know me know that i haven't ever oced a cpu (gpu i have). Now my build will be done with in the next week or two if all goes accordingly to plan and before i jump right into ocing that one i want to try it on the one i currently have for i know what i have to do,,,i know a bit.

I sold of my gaming comp to help pay for my new build but i still have this spare one.

Here are some screen shots of specs:

now i know you increase the fsb in increments..and run prime95 after each one to test for stability...also you only raise to voltage when you get a blue screen..(am i right so far?) but you guys are going to have to walk me threw this...

Also this is a pre build system that was originally my parents (they bought a new one and now i use it for a htpc and a bit of gaming) when i go into the bios i can't change any of the settings.. why is this?

If it's a name brand computer like HP or Dell, I think they lock the BIOS so you can't adjust anything.

well i can't change any settings... so it's locked. That sucks. Well I'll have my new system up and running soon anyway. So i'll just wait until then.

CLOSE THREAD PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom