OC'in NEWB

Status
Not open for further replies.

teknikull

In Runtime
OK I just got an AMD Athlon 64 3800+ and ASUS A8n-E mobo..(im kickin' myself in the *** for buying thet processor wen i can get a dual core for same price in 2 days :mad: ) but what I originally though overclocking was was that u get ur CPU really cool and it works faster..but from what ive read (which is chinese to me) u have to go in the BIOS and set abunch of voltage stuff (what?..) my mobo on the side of the box says "Advanced Overclocking Features" so im positive i can..is there anyone out there who OC's wit the same mobo? or anyone who can explain to me this..and the exact things i should tweak in BIOS and the programs I should get?....PLEASE HELP A NOOB OUT

Keeping it cool it the first step... You might want to get an aftermarket cooler... Arctic cooling, Zalman, Typhoon type, etc...

After that reat this to get you familiar with the terms, and basics... you don't want to start off trying something and have to buy a new board, right? :)

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59883

Once you have read thru them and still have questions, bring em and we'll help as best we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom