OC'd in XP... not in 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD6415

In Runtime
ok I am kind of a n00b when it comes to over clocking so here is my question for ya. I have my CPU over clocked to 3.74 GHz the bios and XP (control panel and CPU-Z) tell me I am, when I boot up into windows 7, which is on a separate HDD, it says its at stock clock speeds 3.00 GHz according to the control panel and CPU-Z. Basically I am wondering can I get my CPU back up to 3.74 in 7 or is it already and its just not showing up as 3.74? my MOBO is an ASUS P5Q-E and my CPU is an intel dual core E8400. Need an more info let me know and i'll do my best to answer lol

hmm after lookin at the screen shots im thinkin I misinformed you lol, maybe I have had it screwed up for a while cause CPU-Z says 3.00GHz in XP and 7 only the system properties says 3.74... 1st is CPU-7 in windows 7, 2nd is CPU-Z in XP then system properties in XP

Attachments

• CPU-7.JPG
    CPU-7.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 57
  • CPU-XP.JPG
    CPU-XP.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 58
  • System properties XP.JPG
    System properties XP.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 57
Looks like you have Intel SpeedStep or whatever enabled. That causes he CPU to lower it's multiplier, when in idle, or very little CPU resources are being used. If you want to change that, go through the BIOS and change it, or change your Power Options to Performance, instead of balanced.

found em in the bios and turned em off also switched over to performance from balanced under the control panel and problem solved thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom