OCd X24200+

Status
Not open for further replies.
magouster said:
Umm, I suggest you research more before you continue overclocking. At the rate you're going, your CPU will be a smoldering pile of silicon burning a neat hole through your mobo in a week or less.

Lower your voltages, all the way back to 1.4V, before we have to listen to you complaining about killing your CPU. I'm not being funny, see this as very good advice!

Lol, I'm not stupid enough to keep the settings there, and I certainly won't be blaming anybody here for any mistakes that I make while exploring overclocking. I have my system running stable at 1.45v, with a 220Mhz FSB, OCd from 2.2GHz to 2.42. It idles at about 32C and hit 49C under the Prime95 torture test for 6 hours.

Perhaps rather than mocking a beginner, you should offer helpful advice. Just a suggestion ;)

gaara said:
Lower to 4x. Lower to 3x if you get past 250FSB speed

i never had to lower it to 3 with my opteron to reach 290 fsb... i'll try that out with this x2 in hopes of getting higher than my 2.55 mark... well 2.6 worked once :angry:

I'm not mocking you, I just think you should read up some more before you overclock at all. You can't tell me you know about overclocking if you don't know what a RAM divider is.....which is what's holding you back. I believe on Asus boards, it is expressed as a percentage. Try setting your RAM to run at 80% or 66% of the speed of the HTT, and then continue raing the HTT ("FSB" on A64 CPUs, incase you don't know). No need to raise the voltage unless the system becomes unstable, and then raise it by the smallest increment, instead of jumping to 1.6V in 2 jumps.

Helpful enough?

NosBoost300 said:
i never had to lower it to 3 with my opteron to reach 290 fsb... i'll try that out with this x2 in hopes of getting higher than my 2.55 mark... well 2.6 worked once :angry:

curious, what is your memory at? 166mhz?

EDIT: Whoops, looks like we'v got diff ram, n/m:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom