OC, then videos start skipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was the voltage making it overheat, if indeed it actually did overheat, I have since taken to voltage back to stock level. I have it now up to 1.96ghz, ran it through a few benchmarks, and had it running for 24+ hours straight of hard use and all is well.

affinity it was it doesnt matter which one i chose i just cant have both on @ the same time for anything media (except for Quicktime files they run great)

so, my next question is how do i get the affinity to default to one core automatically bc i have to do it every time i restart....

and should i upgrade my os? im running xp pro 32bit just because i thought it would be more stable. but i was leaning towards x64 pro if it would help. most of my stuff except soundcard would have drivers for x64.

don't bother with x64. as for getting the processor affinity to set as default i think it can be done by adding a particular comment to a program's shortcut but i use "THG Task Assignment Manager". it's pretty straight forward to use so download and give it a try.

things i learned from experience:
once you have added a program to the list close the manager and re-open it or the entry will not be saved.
add a shortcut to the program to the startup group in programs so it starts automatically with windows.

i think i might make a thread about this and ask a mod to sticky it somewhere as it is asked quite often.

okay so i went out and got a x-fi soundcard and replaced the extigy.
voila ~!!!!!!!!!~ no more issues with having to set affinity. and my fps went from 55 in cs source to 157!!!!!! no idea how it made that big of a difference but no more skipping and everything is running way smoother!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom