OC, then videos start skipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
I have a Sempron 3000+, when stock, it's 1.8ghz.
Gigabyte K8U series motherboard
eVGA 6200 AGP video card

Where I'm at is this:

Overclocked the CPU to 213 bus and voltage up 5%, totalling a reading of 1.93 ghz. Benchmarked threw a few of SiSoftSandra's CPU tests, and everything came out smooth, topping an Athlon 3200+ on most benchmarks. No random shutdowns, no overheating...

Problem is this:

Now there is some stuttering when playing most video files when earlier they played fine. A file will play for a few seconds, then it will skip, or stutter, then play again for a few seconds. This is not streaming file, just files on the harddrive.

Could I have messed with the AGP's voltage without knowing?

Yea... i have similar issue

my system has a similar issue more than likely due to windows and driver errors but i cannot pinpoint what it is. everytime i go to watch any kind of video content i get jumpy/stuttery/skippy bs and cant watch. this is on all video content w/ the exception of games. i believe it has somthing to do with the sb extigy but i believe it was doing same thing before i even plugged that sucker in so.... ima try removing extigy tonight and see if onboeard is any better.... but yea. any suggestions? gah~@!

-Paul

ps i have a mitsu 62" that is my monitor/speakers

I guess it was just a fluke. I reset my bios to optimized defualts and everything was fine, I then set the bus to 213 again without upping the voltage at all. Now it's all good to go.

My next question is, should I even turn up the voltage, or when should I turn up the voltage?

its depends on the temp u have. because bringing the voltage up will also bring ur cpu and pwmic temp up. if u can OC w/o bringing voltages up, its fine. if u need/want to OC more, bring the voltage up little and try bringing the bus speed up little bu little till ur cpu reaches to the max ceiling or max temp.

Just keep bumping up the bus until it becomes unstable then that should be the time you raise the voltage and/or turn on a memory divider.

well it would seem that your processor probably was overheating. the symptoms can present in many many different ways. you should look at the definition of overheating as being: when the processor behaves strangely under increased temperatures. rather than looking at a particular temperature range as being "overheated". there are too many variables to look at it that way, especially given that the higher the voltage, the lower the temperature the processor "overheats" at will be.

i am now convinced that it has nothing to do with my overclocking settings at all. i have completely turned off overclocking. standard. the cpu is at 94° F with iTunes and WMP "trying" to run in the backround ... skipping but the temp is fine

i recently flashed my bios to the latest version but it obviously didnt help

HELP ME!!!!$!$$DWWD!!!$%*%*%($!($*&$*$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom