OC the snot out of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirdshiftdj

I feel funny...
I'm going for it. Unfortunately I'm waiting on my lapped TRUE to come in. I have stock heatsink on now, let's see what I can get this badboy up to. Be back tomorrow morning with results.

Let me know, that is the cpu I will be getting within a couple weeks I hope... Only difference would be you have a better motherboard. :)

1.32 stock. I can get a 3.3 out of it with a 1.45 but this cooler sucks major nutz. I ran orthos but temps are 64 load. Gotta wait for the lapped TRUE to come in before I pump 1.5 into it and run orthos and go for the 4.0. I know I'll need more than 1.5 to get it there but we'll see what happens.

I'm actually going back to stock for now for cpu/ram burn in. Just curious what I could do real quick to get an idea. I'm gonna leave for 3 days and wait for the True to come in and then beat teh shiet out of. Are you using the zalman for your e2180 or your brisbane. Either way its a good idea.

I'm using the Zalman in a 3800 Toledo right now, been tryin to get a 3ghz post for ever... But I just can't do it. I would have to poor the voltage onto it.

Why did I think it was a brisbane? My old system did 2.95 on a 165 opteron,Asus a8n32 and G.skill's. Took some voltage w/ the same cooler you have. I believe it was 1.5vcore. I could'nt do it at first but after burn in for 4 days I was able to. This was when it was new of course.

ya, I tried mine a week after I got it, I tried again now...I was pushing 1.52v Vcore just today and not even 2.9ghz..

Those Opty's are a better stepping. But o well I got this cpu about 2 months ago to hold my s939 rig over for just a little bit longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom