OC safe or unsafe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snypercore

Daemon Poster
hi i jsut OCed my GF's

intel (R) pentium 4 2.66ghz

to 3.20 GHz and temps are around 47-48-50 whiel running opera browser only and seem to be no LAG but is this safe for this CPU? FSB was changed from

133MHz to 164MHz i did not change the core voltage

any way to test if the CPU will hold out if say she plays a game or has multiple tasks running at once (often does) and as above is this safe for this CPU didint really understand the STICKY (TEMP GUIDE)

*UPDATE
p.s temps before OC were about 46 celcuis ...celcius being all temps

The temperatures do not change much when not changing the voltage. Run a really CPU demanding game or 3dmark, futuremark or super Pi or other benchtest program.

ok wil do ...lowered the FSB down to 150MHz as the comp randomly turned off when i opened los of programmes to test got to about 51 degrees celcius ...

ps anychance you could pst a link to a CPU test programme

ok i got prime95 ro wotever and now i thikn its starting im not sure how to tell just a white feild with sme black text and it had to connect to a server for wotever reason updates or ..not sure but how long will i need to keep this on for?

Its best to run it all night, or 8 hours, just look under options and click " Torture Test " and let that run for a while, 5-8 hours.

wow it shut off at 51 degrees? my 1.7 ghz pentium 4 gets up past 60 degrees celsius sometimes. is there somethin worng with my comp? that seem really hot to me.

edit: thats 66 degrees(just checked a conbeversion cus i got mine set on ferenhight)

yes but i OCed hers to from 2.66GHz to liek 3.30GHz without chnaging the voltage at all...it shut off when i started openin lots of "system hogging" programmes e.g

limewire pro
itunes
msn messenger
opera
and some crappy little free game she has

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom