OC question

Status
Not open for further replies.

zildjianchris

In Runtime
Will overclocking your cpu, graphics card, etc, have any downside effects, eg. Shorter life expectancy. I mean even if you have your temp fairly low, is there still a risk? Thanks.
Chris

hey man your hard ware has about 10 years life expectancy overclocking it cuts off about 33 precent which is still like 6 or 7 years. so your hard ware will be out dated and worthless before it breaks. lol so overclock all you want. i overclock my hardware,cpu,vga,system memory. and i get a killer performance boost

Um, actually...you hardware (well, I don't know about YOUR hardware but...) has an actual life expectancy of something like 1,000,000 hours =) Thats roughly 114 years incase you're wondering. Overclocking takes away a few thousand hours of your life expectancy. at most it'll take off 1% (10,000hours).

In the end, the verdict is the same, overclock all you want, don't worry about life expectancy. But the thing you SHOULD worry about is overly high temps. If your temps are too high (over 55*C) then your hardware can start to malfuntion. I mean, random freezing, rebooting. If your temps get overly high 75*C+, then your hardware will start to fail immidiately. Sometimes the processor will simply burn out.

But for most people, high temps isn't something they have to worry about with reasonable overclocks and stock cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom