OC question

Status
Not open for further replies.

COD2_fanatic

Daemon Poster
ok, i know ther is so many questions about overclocking an Opty 144, but i'm new to this so i'm gonna ask anyway.

I just got mine set up about a day ago and i planned on overclocking it but i don't know enough to do so. i did mess with it a little got it to about 1.95 and temps at 56C (load), but i wqant to go as high as i can with the stock cooler (the stock will be replaced).
I've heard of people setting down the multiplyer and all that stuff as well as the HTT (or something like that) but i am clueless as to what to do.

My board has some decent overclocking features in the BIOS, nut as far as i can tell is somewhat limited. any help is appreciated and if i left out any info just ask.

Note, i'm running 512 of Pqi DDR400 RAM and a pic of CPU-z is attached

Attachments

• cpu 2.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 27
for the first time read a bunch of craps about overclocking that's how i learn how to do it and don't expect the things people going teach you right here and you would learn much for the first time, read then ask is the best way to learn here is to clear out some questions. it's a piece of cake if you grasp the concept very easy. before i understand it i found it confusing.

i basically agree. there are many tutorials on the net, several on the same page you posted this. no-one wants to post a tutorial. read and then ask questions.

if you can find memory dividers in the bios set one that keeps your memory well below the speed of the FSB e.g. 1:2 gives the memory half the frequency of the FSB. by doing that you can keep pushing and find out how far the processor will overclock. once you have found out how far the processor goes you can toy with the divider and memory latencies until you can get the memory at its highest possible speed for the maximum processor frequency

yeah like reading those few sentences would help you understand and know how to overclock, that's basically what's in the tutorial. you need to understand much about different things about it in order to do it correctly.

hmm, well my boards BIOS isn't that advanced (will be replaced with a DFI SLI Infinity in the next few months) and i can't find anything relating the the divider although i did downclock the RAM and push the FSB a little more so it's at 2070MHz.

another question, the BIOS is reporting the CPU idling under 50C bout 42C, but the programs i have (Speedfan and Everest) are reporting it at mid 50's, is sometihng worng or are the programs just not reading right?

well, my computer just restared for an unknown reason so i down clocked the CPU by 5MHz and so far everything is fine, the FSB is sitting at 225.

figured this might help with the RAM stuff:

Attachments

• ram.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 15
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom