oc q6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just above 3.2GHz. I am still iffy on my RAM settings, I followed the guide but some of the settings listed where not the same. I want to hit 3.6 as Veedubfreak lists but i think it will take a lot more reading and tweeking aka time to get their.

hi i did a cold start today i shutdown my pc all day
when i booted it up the cpu temp was 27c whit in 90 seconds it was 64c

I have my Q6600 at 3GHz with the same heatsink, CNPS9500 led.
My idle temps are at 31C, give or take 1 degree. You should use speed fan to check your temperatures but just make sure that you are bumping the speed fans settings up by 15C .. some sort of program error. But once you change it than it's all good. Take the side panel off you case and don't be scared to play around or have someone else look at it. The heatsink is not the best but it should allow you to get to 3GHz. I wouldn't go higher though because the performance gain is not worth ruining your CPU due to heat.

iam useing artic silver
Have you tried reseating it yet? Sometimes thats all it takes. It is possible that when you seated it the first time, there was a pocket of air in the paste, or an area of the IHS didn't get artic silver. A million things can go wrong. :p

Also, the BIOS is known to show the temperatures higher than they'd actually be... but still, there's something wrong if its showing 70c, even for the BIOS.

Sorry for not reading your post carefully enough in the beginning, I now see that you have a decent after market cooler.

Wog2000 said:
Thanks for the link Lazer Viking, I used the guide and am now stable @ 3447 MHz!
Hehe, don't thank me, thank Google! :]

hi guys i took it in do you all know what it was .
when i got my Q6600 installed the tec put the bracet the wrong way and the fan was backwards and the fan on the side panle was backwards .
so how can this guy be a tec. so now iam at cpu 47 c thats alot bette then over 60 c
and im oc 1333 3.00GHz well thak all of you for the help .
do you guys thing i can oc it more then 3.00GHz or should i stay at that to be safe.

he can be a tech because assigning the name "tech" doesnt make him an expert.
lol...apparently it doesnt even mean he knows what he is doing.

if i washed dogs all day i could be called a "canine cleanliness tech".
no offens to any c.c.t.'s out there lol.

Hahaha. Just goes to show you... "If you want the job done right..." If it was me right now I'd be so completely suspect of the whole thing I'd jsut re-do the whole thing over! Haha, but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom