OC and old Duron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raekwon

Daemon Poster
ive got an old Duron 800Mhz, i recently decided to try and overclock it, i got it to 944Mhz without a problem at about 34C, but then decided to get some good thermal paste, because it still had the standard thermal pad from about 4-5 years ago! there wasn't much left of it either. so i fixed up the bottom of the heatsink (also standard :D ) its nice and shiny now ;) but i don't have any thermal paste yet, i thought i'd try it without any for the time being i knew it would be fairly safe seeing as it never went above 25C before. its on there now running at 28C!! the thermal pad had almost no effect on the CPU temps! so when i get some good thermal paste ill see how far i can get it, i think getting past 1Ghz will be relatively easy... well, im hoping... :)

has anyone else tried to clock the good ole duron? if so, how far?

amd's tend to be verry overclockable. i've run an amd-k6 rated at i think it was 550 or so, at 950ish. i'm sure you can easily get it over 1ghz, and that'll only be the begining. you might be able to make it to 1.2...we'll see.

that'll be good! its got 512Mb PC133 and a TNT2 Pro 32Mb in it, so it runs older games well, but can't open Call of Duty... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom