OC not taking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

augest

In Runtime
I disabled everything I needed to. An up'ed the FSB 400 (40Mhz). Rebooted an it wont take.
I get this message on the boot up.

Warning Now system is in Safe Mode
Please reset CPU or Memory Frequency in the Cmos Setup.

An when I boot into Vista an look at my CPUZ, It take's nothing.

I also seen the CPU Multiplier was only set a 8x, An I put it up to 10. However on a overclocking site I read where they done a E6600 they had it at 11?

I'm doing it on, a E6700 / eVGA 680i, running window's Vista 64 bit.

Idea's? Thank's for the help.

umm... 400 fsb is kinda high..... stock is 266... soo..... try 300 or something,,, 400 fsb is 3.6 ghz

and 51 is not normal... i'm at 3.1ghz and bios says 34

Weird. Well it say's the min I can put is 400. An max 2500.

I have AS5 on it. It seem's to be fine.

hrmm, havent done any 680i overclockin' so i may be misinformed :-x ... and didnt read you had an e6700 either.. but that temp is still pretty high

An I did change my voltage as it said to 1.45 on the core. So I'm shure that's where my heat temp's are coming from.

I'm thinking that 400 is setting it there at that speed on the fsb, An too raise it say 40 MHz, I need to add it to the pior 1066 to take effect an it's just saying 400 FSB is the lowest and 2,500 FSB is the highest. ? An I've been reading over at eVGA's forum's, An alot of people are seeing temp's of 40 - 60 (Roughly around 50 like me) on their E6700.

Ok that's what I was doing wrong, I wasn't posting 1066 + my oc.. I've got it up to 3065 MHz (Or 3.06 Ghz). At 10x. I'm happy with that for now, I'd like to get it to what my computer is, Which is at 3.5.

I'd still like to see opinion's though, Mostly from other's that have this board an cpu.

Thank's for your help though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom