OC Not Stable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
Aright. Specs below. Some people already know em :p

Anywho...I put this thing at 2.2GHz, 11x200 just to see if it can indeed atleast handle dern 3200+ speeds. I just ran Prime95 using the large torture test (I can always get a system to pass the small but not the large) It ran for 25 mins then stopped and did it's typical BS. 'FATAL ERROR!: Rounding was .5 expected less than .4' now my Vcore is at 1.85 which seems fairly high for the little amount that I've OC'd it especially considering the numerous OC posts I've seen with this chip. I can't seem to get the damn thing stable on the large torture test in prime95. I can only up the Vcore by so far but 1.85 just for 2.2 is already pretty high. Ultimately I'd like 2.4 and be stable but I could deal with 2.3 Just fine. I've updated the BIOS and windows and all that good stuff so 'updates' are out of the question regarding this.

Could it really be the valueram causing THIS much trouble? I've run two differente memory diagnostic tests and both say it's clear and working fine. I'm not pushing the limits of the RAM, it's PC3200 and my FSB is at 200 so it should be fine. Any clues? Thanks in advance

EDIT: Upon raising the vcore the test failed within 2 mins this time. What gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom