On the OC highway

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got that CPU to hit 2.6GHz Trotter. If necessary, use a memory divider and drop it to DDR333 that way when you OC, you'll just get it back to DDR400mhz. That CPU is more than capable of hitting 2.5GHz - 2.6GHz.

OK, what gives here??? For some reason my GFX overclock is being reset to default. No, I don't have the box checking in the NVIDIA Control Panel to reset my clocks.

I change my clocks and click Test (it won't let me just Apply). I gives the dialog box about if my computer freezes up to shut it off and all, and I click OK. And my sliders jump back to default position! It didn't do it last week.

So, what the #@&* is going on here???

i don't know, try re-installing the coolbits hack. failing that try something else like RivaTuner or the ATI Tool beta. i saw you mention in some other thread that you're *possibly* running a 1:2 divider on your memory. i probably should've explained myself a bit better when i said that. i meant that you should use a 1:2 divider to test how far you can get your CPU, in the knowledge that your memory can't be the cause of instability. it's just useful so that you can move things along quicker without troubleshooting.

I tried ATITool, but it didn't seem to work well. The clock was way off, the temps were way off (I had to use Everest). Maybe I just don't know what I was doing (ya think?).

Finally got my overclocks back on my GFX card. I uninstalled my drivers, cleaned my registry, installed the 93.81 drivers, redid coolbits, and viola! 500/2500.

I'll play with it more later, as well as pump up my CPU a bit more. Right now I've gotta get in bed... worked last night... been up almost 6 hours since getting home... gotta go back in in 8 1/2 hours...

Those are great clocks on the card. May I ask what program you use? I don't like ATI tool, would you suggest Rivatuner?

I've got that CPU to hit 2.6GHz Trotter. If necessary, use a memory divider and drop it to DDR333 that way when you OC, you'll just get it back to DDR400mhz. That CPU is more than capable of hitting 2.5GHz - 2.6GHz.

i used to have a 3200+ only got it to 2.4GHz but if the 3200+ can hit 2.6GHz
what can my 3700+ hit? ive got it to 2.74Ghz so far can i go higher?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom