OC a Dell??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerfootball05

In Runtime
I was just curious. I have a fairly old Dell that i got about 4 years ago. Is it possible to overclock a factory built computer like my dell? If so how?

Not that I know of. I suggested Clockgen a windows based OC'ing program to someone asking the same question once, but I believe you have to know your exact motherboard model and with dell it won't be a normal brand. So I don't think there's anything you can do

No. You can't. They do it for a reason. They do it because if some retard super oc's they're computer then asks for a new one because it melted they will have to because it's under warenty.

GeckoEcho421 said:
No. You can't. They do it for a reason. They do it because if some retard super oc's they're computer then asks for a new one because it melted they will have to because it's under warenty.

this is true with just about any store bought PC. this is the laymens terms version of what AMDs' and Intels' public announcement on the issue is.
The main reason ocing isn't allowed is yes the big company doesn't want to deal with warranty issues, but tests can be run on broken, overheated CPUs to see which pins carried what voltage and it fried what part of teh architecture, but also, it allows them to make more money because you get what you pay for and if u want something nicer or better, you have to go through them.
some are a little nicer, (toshiba, Sony, and gateway) but by and large, theyre pretty mean and impossible to play with. you could check ur BIOS version, see what oc capabilities it has, then, if it has none, u could try to update the BIOS through dell, and see if it the new version has any OCing. I have heard of Dell hate sites that have tweaked versions of the BIOS but i don't know where they are and ive heard horror stories about it.
im pretty sure ur outta luck on this one.

Agreed, Don't Buy From Them they charge way more than the system is worth and their damn near impossible to oc or upgrade.

aspire.comptech said:
Agreed, Don't Buy From Them they charge way more than the system is worth and their damn near impossible to oc or upgrade.

I also agree. I hate dell.

damn near impossible to oc or upgrade.
Well except for lately, in the past all you'd need to upgrade would be the graphics card, RAM, and CPU and generally you could upgrade even a dell to those specs, but you'd have to double check your info for CPU's but RAM and graphics cards would be easily upgradeable. But yeah OC'ing isn't a possibility

They should just make an OC'ers system and say 'Warrenty Voided if tinkered with' or something like that. I don't know. Probably wouldn't be worth it though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom