OC BFG 7900GS performance questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry but i have one more question?
Whats a good decent psu that will support the 8800gts,
You did suggest the Corsair, but i was wondering if their is something cheaper with good reliability.

krazyq said:
sorry but i have one more question?
Whats a good decent psu that will support the 8800gts,
You did suggest the Corsair, but i was wondering if their is something cheaper with good reliability.

Newegg.com - Rosewill RP550V2-D-SL 550W SLI Ready ATX12V v2.01 Power Supply 115/230 V CSA, CB, TUV, FCC, UL - Retail

...but the Corsair 520HX isn't that much more, at buy.com, and it's much more powerful:
Buy.com - Corsair 520W SLI Certified Modular ATX Power Supply - CMPSU-520HX

yeah on buy.com its much cheaper. And i could use gc to get 10 more dollars off.
Its either i just buy the one system that was build.
or i could buy the
antec p180 case, psu and gfx card.
Im wondering if their is a better case than the p180 with good cooling, for around the same price. Ive been looking,but theyre Soooo many cases.

it looks nice, i think the lights might get annoying though.
If i dont buy that pre built pc ill just get a new psu, case, and the gfx card.I like the 900 though, as long as it has good cooling and space.

The case i have now is crappy, and my current psu wont be able to support the gts.
I will play on my 17 inch lcd so hopefully i will be able to max out my game settings.
Once the 9 series come out, ill sell my current and get those.

Hopefully maxing out on a 17" with an 8800GTS? Dude....you'll plow through those games, with that size of a screen.

lol, thats good.
If it can max out bioshock than i will buy that game for sure.
I think i have a 17" or 19", but both of them have the same resolutions. 12XX by 1024. I cant exactly remember.

So would you suggest i buy that pre built pc and but a core2duo, or just use my current pc and just upgrade the case,psu,and gfx card.

How much do you have to spend? I would probably say, sell your motherboard, CPU, RAM, and GPU. Then get an AM2 motherboard, cheap AM2 CPU to hold you over, for the Phenom processors, 2GB of Crucial Ballistix, get your 8800GTS, and new PSU.

what am2 mobo should I get? and what cpu?
I guess if i do get the amd cpu i will oc it, and theyre really cheap right now.
Its just the effort of selling that makes me not want to do it.
I will also need a case for the cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom