OC BFG 7900GS performance questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
Hey guys
I have the BFG 7900gs oc card.

The stock clocks are 540/660

I have got the clocks all the way to 585/875...i ran the stress test from ati tool. I also ran 3Dmark06, and everything ran fine.
idle temps 48-52. load 65-75

I played a couple games and i got increased fps by about 5-15.

I was wondering if thats way too high?

That's not too high for load and idle temperatures. You usually don't get a big performance jump, through overclocking the graphic card. You'd mostly see the jump in benchmarks.

well on hot days the temps go high...for the past week or two its been cold for some reason, and my temps go really low.
My case is HORRIBLE though, so nothing is stable at the moment.
Im just waiting for the G92 series to come out, and then ill upgrade everything.
Ill try running the ati tool test for a while and see what happens.

Well, I'm running my 7900gs on stock cooling and voltage @ 612/907, idle 55 load about 78.. I ordered a Cool Viva Pro, which should be coming in about tommorow.. anyway, I think you would probably benefit from an aftermarket heatsink or something.. 75 is a little hot, I guess.

Well i ran ati tool stress test for 20 mins and no errors. Temps stayed below 80.
Every 7900gs model can oc differently. Ill try going to 600 and see if any errors pop up. I usually cant get past 595.
Im gonna be upgrading soon, so i think im fine at the moment.
I do get a lot of lags while playing the bio shock demo.
What drivers are you using?
Im using 163.44, it was optimized for bioshock.

Well, I'm running my 7900gs on stock cooling and voltage @ 612/907, idle 55 load about 78.. I ordered a Cool Viva Pro, which should be coming in about tommorow.. anyway, I think you would probably benefit from an aftermarket heatsink or something.. 75 is a little hot, I guess.

dang which manufacturer are you using deathhawk?
which utility also?
i can get mine both to about 550/825 with riva tuner....havent tried too much higher than that...

i ran 3d mark and my score went way down.
I installed different nvidia drivers and it went back up.
The drivers that slowed my games down was 163.44, its the beta drivers that were suggested to play bioshock with.
What drivers to you use right now nagasama?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom