OC Baby!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol.. faster ram?? yeah.. 2 gig of ram is still even more then what avg ppl have.. damn.. i'm really jealous now.. how'd you get 12g worth of money for a comp?

fairly, just make sure that you don't keep going on about it or everyone will be jelous

Yes very jealous!

Lol.. faster ram?? yeah.. 2 gig of ram is still even more then what avg ppl have..

Yep I'm running with Kingston PC3200 256MB ValueRAM.
I'm filled with envy.

Well the DDR2 has pretty high latencies for the moment I believe so really I think you're fine where you are, I mean it's already an insane beast, no need to really get that DDR2 RAM when it really probably won't provide you as much performance as you might think. Cool on the board though, make sure you get something besides ASUS this time :p

Nubius said:
Well the DDR2 has pretty high latencies for the moment I believe so really I think you're fine where you are, I mean it's already an insane beast, no need to really get that DDR2 RAM when it really probably won't provide you as much performance as you might think. Cool on the board though, make sure you get something besides ASUS this time :p

Sure they have CAS latencies of 4 but they do run at PC2 4200(DDR2 533) to PC2 5400(DDR2 667)!

yeah having DDR2667 would be pretty sweet, but I was searching for some of the higher RAM and it had a CL of like 6 it was unbelievable, but yeah I'd definitely sacrifice a CL of 4 to have some PC5400 RAM :p

I was actually thinking maybepc4500 or something like that. PC5400 is kinda crazy for me but i might think about it!

I don't even want to imagine what kind of computing power your machine has...man...it's like 3 weeks later and you woulda been able to have the FX-55....not like the FX-53 doesn't cut it or anything lol but damn you went all out and if it was just a little later you woulda had that....but yeah don't even want to think about how that thing runs with those monitors muchless if you had PC5400 ram, sure applications would load instaneously....and imagine when longhorn comes out and then that 64 will really kick.

With a higher CAS theres a lesser chance for errors to occur though, you have to take that into consideration.

I'm dying to see how that thing runs!!!! Its got to be as fast as lightning! That is seriously the dream machine. I don't think it will be outdated (except for the cpu) for at least 7-8 months.

Just hearing the words Longhorn and 64 makes my mouth water.

Maybe you can sell the FX-53 on ebay and get an FX-55.**or give it to me for free**

With a higher CAS theres a lesser chance for errors to occur though, you have to take that into consideration.
Well it HAS to be higher to run at those faster speeds so really it's equal in terms of sacrifice....one has the lower CL the other has the faster speed....so they almost cross each other out...but soon enough we'll see PC6000 1-2-2-4 (1T) Timings :p lol that'd just be stupid fast

EDIT: Also his CPU should last him a lot longer than just 7-8 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom