O/C help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ox

Baseband Member
ive read on lots of places and its been in peoples sigs alot that people have 2500+ and clock them really high.
Like 3000+ high.

can somebody please tell me how to do so, im new to overclocking but not new to computers in general so i should understand what you are talking about
:)

and how safe is overclocking and what long term effects does it have, as ive saved for a long time to buy this all as im too young to get a decent job

Im running an Asus A7n8x-x and a 2500+

will i need to upgrade to water cooling or get a new HSF block?
I will add the temps later, seems i need a reboot as the Asus probe software wont install

My MSN account is ox__1@hotmail.com if you wou could give me info and or instructions thru that it would be good aswell

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?threadid=20942

this will give you some of the basics

there are 2 main things that you have to consider the fsb frequency and the multiplier are the most important and basic features of over clocking. For example my amd 64 stock was 10 * 200 (200 being the fsb) 10 being the multiplier so to overclock it I raised the fsb frequency to 225 so that my new cpu speed was 2250 or 2.25 ghz

as for the dangers it can get dangerous I have gone throught a amd 64 system this week so if you dont have the resources to get it replace it may not be worth your while but a little overclocking never really hurt anythign as long as it is done right just read up on things before hand

and yes cooling is something to consider but not a big issue with just moderate OC'ing

thanx

do u think u or somebody could post the
exact settings to get this to the equivalent of a 3000+ like multiplier frequency voltage etc?

for a stock 3200+ it is 10 * 200 so if you wanted a 3000+ performance equiv.. it would be like 1.875 ghz which is a

11 x 170.45
10.5 x 178.5
10 x 187.5
9 x 208

Be Carefull with that Asus Probe software the temps are NOT correct on there you need to get a probe that you can put on the CPU its self. or just add about 5c to the Asus Probe temp thats about how much its off. 5c dont sound like much but it is.

amd643200+ i am running at those settings and my winXP shows my xp2500 at 2.1Ghz

Ox my settings are this:
xp2500 overclocked at 400 FSB

CPU external frequency: 200

CPU frequency multiple: 10.5

so your multiplier: 10.5 with 200Mhz = 3000+ running at 2.1Ghz

hey ekÆsine why dont you just call external frequency true bus? lol just what i call it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom