o/c e6600 on a p5b deluxe wi-fi

Status
Not open for further replies.

trimmin

In Runtime
hey, at the moment were overclocking these components together we cant get it to post at 3.0..and seeing ever1 else is around this or above we think we are missing something here. we underclocked the ram and turned up the voltage to the cpu but are still having problems. any ideas. runing at 2.8 stable so far.

ok setting the fsb to 330 with the multi on 9 and a voltage of 1.4 . underclocked the ram.. then we restarted and all we get is the pc starting and a blank screen.. no beebs aswell and it will just stay they like that.

interesting

The p5b-deluxe has some issues at the higher 300's fsb but your not there yet. 1.4v is actually prob overkill for 3 ghz but that wouldn't make it unstable. When you say underclock your ram, you mean its a ddr2 660 (330 x 2)? That wouldn't make it unstable either if the answer is yes. I had my sb and nb on auto voltages until i got to 3.4ghz but you might want try upping the south bridge and north bridge just in case also. Also there is a termination voltage setting (can't remember what it was exactly called), but try raising that up too.

If nothing else, heres a guide specifically for overclocking on a asus p5b-deluxe. But don't set your pci express frequency to 120 (i have myn at 100). And you don't need to go as far as he does, its just a good reference to guide you.

Hope that helps

Yeah we actually came across that thread today after some googling. so we tried those settings . It booted to windows once at 3ghz but then kept rebooting.. Also updated the bios . the ram was 660 aswell..We couldnt even get to the logo screen after that. Allthough all power was on fans were goin the water cooling was on to.

its a friends rig and its a . e6600 on a asus p5b deluxe wi/fi. ati x1950xtx.. tt big water cooling. 600 watt tough power .2x 1 gig silicon power ddr667...some brand i havnt heard of.

hmm....yeah that seems like an off brand,since i did a search for it and only found it on some adware shop.com site :p. Are you giving the ram the voltage it needs at stock (check the box it came in, if he still has it)? Also check the ram timings and see if they arn't what is called for at stock.

Im trying to think about the bios in my head to see if i forgot something but i think it should be stable with the settings you have. So maybe its not a system error, maybe its hardware. Check to see if everything is plugged in correctly and not slightly unplugged or something, and resit everything(except the cpu cause that can be tedious and your system wouldn't boot if it isn't sited right :p), just to see if anything might have been hanging off a little or something.

You may be having issues with the thermaltake water cooling, check and see how hot the air is coming out of the radiator. If it feels like a blowdryer then it may be having trouble keeping you cpu cool.

One other thing you might want to check is your power supply, what are its voltage ratings, link?

I have got my e6600 to bench at 3.72 so you shouldnt have a problem hitting 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom