o/c 8800gts

Status
Not open for further replies.

san21893

Uber Sanoob Techie
Ok I'm on my mission for a high 3dmark score, my last score was on vista w/ my cpu at 3.4 and my gpu stock and I got about 9.1-9.5k i believe. I've reset my bios, and plan to overclock again. As many may know, the cmstacker 832 has a rediculous side fan door which wont fit w/ large hsf's. Somehow I've successfully got it on w/ my tuniq YESS. My idle gpu temp dropped from 61-62 to 52 w/ just putting a case fan there. NICE. Now I need tips on overclocking a gpu, which I've never done. I'm positive the temperature limits will be different, I'm just looking for tips to get it done. Help is greatly appreciated. Now lets start the mission. Btw, I'm back on windows xp now and that shall help a bit. I will be back tomorrow w/ a stock 3dmark score to use as reference.

I would highly HIGHLY suggest you consider getting an aftermarket heatsink for your 8800gts if you want to OC it.

They run warm as it is and overclocking is only going to make it run hotter, you will defeintly run an increased risk of frying it.

Just like i said in the last thread about overclocking 8800gts, as long as you have a good fan blowing fresh air onto the card you wont have any problems. I'm running at 650mhz and 999mhz on the memory with stock heatsink and never go over 68C. Also use ATI Tool to overclock.

Just like i said in the last thread about overclocking 8800gts, as long as you have a good fan blowing fresh air onto the card you wont have any problems. I'm running at 650mhz and 999mhz on the memory with stock heatsink and never go over 68C. Also use ATI Tool to overclock.

I have the superclocked edition of the evga 8800gts 320mb and it idles at 58 with the fan at 100%. I have a side fan blowing right at it but it stil runs that hot.

I havent tried oc it, im not even sure if it will raelly make any diff.
At the moment im getting my cpu oc then i will move on the the gfx card.

You also replaced the factory heat compound with AS5 which probably helped a good amount.

For some reason my 8800GTS runs very cool....about 49c-51c idle with the fan on 60%....and about 64-66 under full load (geoforms/rthdribl)....this is when is overclocked to 648/1027

I get 52 degrees on the fans stock speed. I think thats pretty cool as I don't look to spend money until i struggle highly in games. But yeah I've downloaded ATI tool, where can u raise the fan speed, and how much does it kill your fan life? And I have the superclocked version in which the stock speed is 576mhz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom