o/c 64bit socket 939 3000+ to 3500+ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Done! CPU is now running a little faster than a 3500+

cpuz3.jpg

EDIT: nice looking rig GrimReaper23 :D

Play some mad video games at 2.2ghz, and watch those temps. If your cpu ever exceeds 48 degrees celcius at IDLE. Dont OC anymore, becuase those temps will jump once you start using your computer. You want to stay under 60 degrees celcius.

Also, if you do anymore OC, increase your Vcore to 1.5volts. You will need to increase your DDRV for sure too. Have you already? If not im surprised. If you havent, then increase it by 0.5

Thanks for the reply codeine. I havn't increased any voltages yet, but in BIOS (pheonix bios) all voltage settings are set to "auto".

I have had my computer on for nearly a week straight now (not including restarts to o/c cpu) and have been running 3dmark03 overnight while I sleep, and have not noticed any stability issues, is increasing the voltage necessary?

imation said:
Thanks for the reply codeine. I havn't increased any voltages yet, but in BIOS (pheonix bios) all voltage settings are set to "auto".

I have had my computer on for nearly a week straight now (not including restarts to o/c cpu) and have been running 3dmark03 overnight while I sleep, and have not noticed any stability issues, is increasing the voltage necessary?
Probably not a good idea if you are still breaking in some thermal compound. You should turn it off and let it sit for overnight every night.

Probably not a good idea if you are still breaking in some thermal compound. You should turn it off and let it sit for overnight every night.
Yup, thermal compound needs to both heat up and cool down for it to properly 'cure'....of course if you're using something short of AS5 then curing really isn't going to benefit you at all, but still if it's a fairly new put together machine you should give it some down time

ok, thanks for the info!

I used the thermal grease that came with my zalman hs&f. Will leave my comp off for tonight.

Cheers!

wat settings are u using for your ram? wat type of ram are u using also as i am planning the same same rig (except im getting the dfi ultra-d) and i am getting dual channel geil ram that is rated at 2.5-8-4-4 @ ddr400 with ddr 2.55v-2.95v

Imation, even without the thermal paste issue, dont put anything on auto. Its hard for the computer to decide when it needs voltage. I promise you before it ajust itself, its going to crash first. Crashing is the most common thing you must aviod. Anything can happen software wise. Believe me on that man.

Like i said before, im probably one of the most experienced people here with OC FAILURES. Besides the fact its simply bad, i learned so much from it. So please turn that off, and the next time you OC, please increase the voltage following my recommendations. Damn your mobo has 2.95 DDRV settings. Thats alot of voltage, but i swear RAM uses sooooo much voltage. Mine only has 2.80. I think a 3.0 mobo would rock.

The thing i hate about my mobo is my DDRV voltage which cant exceed 2.80, and my HTTV which cant exceed 1.35. Im pretty sure 1.35V can only get your external clock at around 240. Thats around 3.0ghz for my processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom