nzxt lexa blackline case!! very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've found unlinking ram makes things a bit harder... well when trying to achieve certain speeds i guess... sometimes it just don't make for a good mix...and things seem fine... and BOOM... blue screen of death!

oh so if i oced my cpu it would oc the ram as well, can you decide how high it goes or does it depend on how far u oc the cpu.

Unlinking isnt really an ideal solution.

If youre reaching crazy CPU frequencies (4GHz +) and your ram unlinked and running at like 800MHz then theres no way that the RAM can feed sufficient data to the CPU. But thats just in extreme situations.

no im gona be testing the stuff as it comes (well the stuff i can test) i will be getting the mobo, cpu, and ram in one shipment so that won't be a problem. the only thing that could be bad and i not realize it is the psu, but i'll take my chances.

i did teh same as you and i dotn regret it, that way i could wait and find good prices on everything not just buy it all at once when prices may not be so good, i got my crucial ram for 65$ before mail in rebate, and my psu for 109.99 all wicked prices i got my q6600 for 250 and same thing with my mobo. i purchased everyuthign with in a motnh of each other anyway, it was all great. now im buyign a new gpu finaly.

edit: and ya for ocing you will need to start pumping voltage depending on your vid, at 4.0ghz i can boot and run 3dmark06 with 1.55 volts which is to high for my tatses alltho the 3d mark 06 usualy crashes half way thru i got it to run once tho, and temps are bad. at 3.8ghz i ca nrun 1.42v and be fine with an idle temp of 42 degrees not lapped. alltho my vid is 1.2. i think to get my 4.0 suicide runs to work a litle better i gotta bring my ram up to maybe 1000mghz and raise my timmings to like 5-5-5-15, or i can try running 850 with 4-4-4-12 timing, if i still get unstable il go with 5-5-5-15 timings which will probably be unessacery. ive allready burnt one stick of crucial btw lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom