Nvidia 178.13 drivers not working with ATI Tool .26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
So my 8800 gtx couldn't pass 10 seconds of ATI tool artifact scan at any setting with the new 178.13 drivers. So I finally went back and installed the previous drivers 175.19 and could pass more then an hour of ATI Tool before I stopped it and even overclocked to 612/1020 and passed 20 minutes of it before I stopped it.

This leads me to believe that the new 178.13 nvidia drivers can no longer function correctly with ATI Tool ( it also doesn't overclock on mine when I try to use ATI Tool, I just get a flashing blue screen ). I need someone with these drivers to help confirm my findings. Thank you, and sorry if this seems like a 2nd post on the same subject, I thought it was important enough to make a new thread about, since it may mean my 8800 gtx is not as defective as I thought it was.

my previous somewhat related post:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/card-age-more-artifacts-over-time-187144/

dude yoru card is dead as is i dotn think the drivers have anythign to do with it lol, im using the 178.13 aswell and i use the .26 aswell and it worcks fine for artifact scanning. and thats pushign 800 core 2025 shader, and 1000 memory.

dude yoru card is dead as is i dotn think the drivers have anythign to do with it lol, im using the 178.13 aswell and i use the .26 aswell and it worcks fine for artifact scanning. and thats pushign 800 core 2025 shader, and 1000 memory.

Why does it work fine when I'm on 175.19 drivers though? It doesn't make any sense...

^^ I have that same problem.

ah someone on another forums said they did as well...I dunno I guess this graphic card crap is totally random...ill still RMA my card tho since it gets too hot ( not too much anymore cause its winter )

that's right he does. but is he in vista. maybe it doesn't like vista. cause the error i get says the gfx card is not being used by windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom