Nubius this is for you....

Status
Not open for further replies.
good point....I would just set it up with 1 for starters and dont up the tubing as of yet. See what type of results you achieve with the system just stock. Before you up your tubing and use the 2nd rad I think you will need a better pump....Obviously resourse other forums and experts on this (which I am not by any means) but my thoughts are:
1) Tt wants to make $$$$ bottom line so they had their designers come up with an effective "entry level" water cooling kit which would be able to run on a weaker pump and still get respectable results(minimal building expenses to make it a kit at a reasonable price for h2o noobs). This being said The system is most likely only designed to run "as is" out of the box for maximum efficiency w/o upgrading certain conponents.
2) The good news is I am certain it CAN be upgraded and made the way you want it to be once you have a better pump. I like Dangerden alot for watercooling and want to continue to research this area myself to become somewhat proficient with it before pursuing it. The space required of the case is kind of wierd as well....I think I will need a Taller tower to comfortably accomidate my needs.

Ohh as for the box....I would resourse some local metal shops to see how much someone would charge you to cut/bend some sheetmetal or even better aluminum to meet your needs.

Ohh as for the box....I would resourse some local metal shops to see how much someone would charge you to cut/bend some sheetmetal or even better aluminum to meet your needs.
Hmm not a bad idea.

The thing with setting it up once and testing, then moving up the tubing and extra Rad is that'd I've have to do multiple leak testing, plus I really hate taking things in and out constantly so I was hoping simply to set it up in one go although for everyone who wanted to know stock bigwater temps from my current setup, and then ones between stock bigwater and double rad bigwater might be pissed :p

The only reason I got a 2nd rad was because on a review I read where they compared it to other systems with multiple rads the interviewer said something to the effect of "Well the bigwater does well considering the other systems have 2 and sometimes 3 radiators. No doubt that the bigwater could handle another radiator but that would be a different review"

So I figure it can handle it. Might not be the most insane pump, but I would surely think (especially considering the bigwater kit comes with fittings for tubings up to 1/2" ID) that it'd be able to handle it allbeit really weak compared to those $75 pumps.

I don't know when/if I'd be able to afford that kind of pump, not until a while anyway.

I'll be hittin vegas later this month so hopefully I come back with a little extra money and not be broke :p Then perhaps I can upgrade the pump AND get my 6600GT that I've already put off for water cooling lol

good call....thinking about what you have just said your pump will just move the h2o slower than the more powerful pumps so it should still work with it. In the future a faster pump would most likely help it perform better simply b/c of the water passing over the heatsink(s) faster thus getting more efficient thermal transfer.

Yeah, down the road if I buy the swiftech pump that does 300GPH I'll probably upgrade to the biggest 1/2" ID hoses.

Hey mike...question for ya..

Have you played too many games?

My game sof2 crashes at any FSB, after a certain period of time, sometimes just 20 mins if that.

Does that 'unexpectedly errors'

I've lowered the FSB to 220 and 215 and nothin, still crashes....even got crazy and raised my AGP requency to 70MHz!!

Nothin still.

Just wonderin with that 250FSB if you've played any games and I'm assuming no problems?

This has really got me bummed...can't OC the RAM for games :(

is it in ALL games or just sof2? I do play half life and half life 2 from time to time....I dont have alot of time to play though. With the 250fsb I did play half life for a couple of hours w/o any errors. I dont know what to tell you except hopefully it is only on that one game and not on all games. It is odd considering it would pass prime at those settings????

I dont see how the water is gonna stay pure ones you start running it through the system cooler , its bound to get some crap off the tubes and radiator , wouldnt you think? . Did you know pure water doesnt boil either ? but as soon as you contaminate it, it will explode if you do it while its that hot .

is it in ALL games or just sof2? I do play half life and half life 2 from time to time....I dont have alot of time to play though. With the 250fsb I did play half life for a couple of hours w/o any errors. I dont know what to tell you except hopefully it is only on that one game and not on all games. It is odd considering it would pass prime at those settings
Well when I played FarCry it didn't give me the same error, but it crashed when it started to load a different level, so yeah this has got me bummed, but I haven't tried any other games besides those two.

I dont see how the water is gonna stay pure ones you start running it through the system cooler , its bound to get some crap off the tubes and radiator , wouldnt you think? . Did you know pure water doesnt boil either ? but as soon as you contaminate it, it will explode if you do it while its that hot
Yes I knew about it exploding and what not once you contaminated it. Toss a fork in and BOOM! But yeah, that's why you flush the system first. The metals that they use and the coolant additives have anti-corrosion, anti-rust, type chemicals, things like that.

But yes people do still get crap in there and gunk up their system, but thats generally from not cleaning it, not putting in the right additives, things like that.

Yay, the kit arrived :D

I got some work to do before I can even start cutting the tubing and begin it's leak testing and whatnot.

Don't even know when I'll get it setup. I want to build that housing first, and cut the radiator shrouds that come over the thing as it is, because they just cut a 120mm hole in it, and there's room for more air to go through.

So yeah it'll be atleast a couple days before it gets installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom