Nubius this is for you....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I actually was at the dangerden website.. Man they got freakin CPU and GPU blocks that are like $120 by themselves! Things better give arctic like temps lol

I also happened across that fluid. Don't know if I want to get it at this time though although yeah, it'd be extremely nice to have a little more ease in my mind.

I'm gonna do a leak test though and hopefully none present themselves but, yeah......wonder if I should get that stuff?

Gonna check out this review you linked though cause I want some real world evaluation.

to me its NOT CONDUCTIVE which is enough to sell me on it....its cheap insurance if ask me. When I eventually go to water I will be sure to go with a non conductive fluid b/c that is a MAJOR reason why I havent yet....with water there is absolutely no room for error.

Dang, definitely cool. You read the review of the dude just plugging a bare wire into the socket and throwing it in a tube of the stuff? lol

That's freakin insane.

Yeah, I just may have to splurge on it.....ahh decisions decisions..

If I splurge then, not only will it cost me $35 which will bring me that much further from the 6600GT, but they said it will bring up your temps just a little....although on the one you linked he said there was very little difference.

Hmmmm!! I just dont know!

Definitely would give me peace of mind though

Hmm, thermaltake kit comes with 500CC's of cooling fluid....if I found a correct conversion table I believe that comes to 17 ounces....

That MCT-5 nonconductive liquid is a 32ounce bottle...so that's like.....984CC's.....so dang I think it's definitely worth it.

Plus it IS $20.99 the 'FluidXP+' costs $34.99 which I'm not sure what the main differences are....

I think I'll be gettin it....I'll let you know if I go through with it :p

Ahh man! They don't have it in stock right now! What a bust!

I'm gonna e-mail them and find out when it might come in...I definitely want it now lol

I would....I guess for starters you will just have to be extra extra extra extra carefull and make sure you leak test it for at least 12 hours.

Nope :( I was hopin for it to be here by saturday damnit, but that didn't happen. I expect it to be here monday or there will be hell to pay! :p

I'm thinking of getting some bigger tubing though, but indecisive about it, and considering what to make my own reservoir out of, things like that.

And now I kinda wished I had known more about water cooling, because up until recently I wasn't aware of simply piecing together your own system. It woulda wound up a little more expensive than the bigwater though. But they say 'powerful pump' for the bigwater and it only does 30gph whereas most liquid cooling setup pumps I see do 300! So thermaltake shoulda made it like 100gph or something

I need bards for my reservoir though if I make my own, and need to upgrade the tubing from 1/4" to 3/8" but then I'm wondering if that pump is good enough to handle the extra size tubing, the 2nd radiator things like that.

I want to build a box that'll house both radiators with a 3rd 120mm fan lookin something like this:

radhousing.jpg

However, I don't know what exactly I could construct that housing out of yet. I don't exactly have any metal boxes lying around with those dimensions :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom