NTLDR is missing/keyboard unresponsive when asking to press any key

Status
Not open for further replies.

True_Orb

Daemon Poster
The keyboard works when I enter BIOS/CMOS, but I don't know how to resolve the NTLDR thing and it looks like if I could actually hit a key it would boot from the CD-ROM.

Thus far I have partitioned and formatted the Seagate 80gb sata hdd with the seagate disc...twice (in case that was the problem).
I have the first boot drive set up as the CD-ROM (my dvd burner) and put windows xp in the rom (I don't have an OS yet, I have only configured the hdd for winxp).

I have set the Error tab in BIOS as both All, except Keyboard, and All, but it hasn't changed anything.

What am I doing wrong? :(

Thanks in advance.

I appreciate that, but it was not very helpful. Mostly just covers older versions of Windows and assumes I already have an installed OS

SATA problem installing winxp now.

Thanks, I didn't look at it in depth yet, or maybe I looked at it already. Anyway I solved the keyboard problem by using an old keyboard that wasn't USB. That took care of "NTLDR is missing" and got me into winxp setup, BUT!!!!

It tells me to insert the SATA driver disc and hit F6, which I do, but then when I try to install windows XP it STILL says that there is [none] usable hard disks to install the OS to!

It gives me the option to install a manufacturer support disc or something into Drive A, and the only floppy I have is that same mobo sata driver disk, so I try that and hit enter and it just repeates the message like it didn't read or acknowledge the floppy.

Help. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom