ntldr missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblaze725

In Runtime
I had my cpu overclocked at a 1:1 ratio with the ram and tried a 5:4 to see if it would yield any performance gains. After going too high I had to reset my bios and now the pc won't start up. It gets partially through the boot process and then says ntldr missing. WHat is this and how do I fix it.

Basically it's telling you it's not even finding a bootable operating system. You can try a windows repair to see if that fixes your problem otherwise it's format city

Nubius said:
Basically it's telling you it's not even finding a bootable operating system. You can try a windows repair to see if that fixes your problem otherwise it's format city

i just re installed window's....happend to me about a week ago i think..i dunno, i posted on here to find out what i could do.

it's been runnin' for a week with no problems at all...just had to re install a couple of programs. it's been runin' better than before too...especiall start up.

stick in your XP cd, boot from it, load the recovery console, type "bootfix" (im not sure if thats it) if its not the right command, type "help" and it will give you a list of commands, it should tell you its for making another boot sector, that fixed it for me. hope it works for you.

im trying the repair now if that doesnt work ill be reformatting and reinstalling windows. thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom