Now I am confused - RAM issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
pro2a said:
I may just cut my losses and take what I have.
Exercising the better part of valor is sometimes the best thing to do. Hindsight may be 20/20 but it does nothing for the here and now.

Your new mobo is much better than the old so you still come out ahead. The next time you upgrade or build you will know what to look for ahead of time. ;)

Depends upon what you do, if you never use 4 GB of ram, or go over that, or use the page file much, then 4GB at 1066 would be better, but if you often go over the 4GB worth, 8GB at 800 would be better, it's a trade off, let the HDD handle virtual ram, and sacrifice over all speed, or, sacrifice some speed and let the hard drive just load things into ram.

from what i get it sounds like you had matched pairs in non matched channels that can happen sometime if you have 2 different sets of matched sets and they arent matched

His problem wasn't having or not having matched pairs, it's just the fact that his board/cpu combo can't support that speed with that much ram, to get there, he will have to overclock, which it sounds like he did earlier when he got those speeds, it was semi-stable, but not stable enough as he started to get to many errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom