Not sure if you knew but AM2...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets just wait till they release the conroe to see what goes down in games. I hope the AMD that beats the conroe comes out on AM2, but anyways got my parts in today, motherboard is still being shipped... its basically two days late :-\ but heres a pic of what I have now. AND I LOVE MY CASE!!! Oh before the pic, figure I would list what is on my IHS, not sure whats good yet though :(

ADA3000IAA4CN
LBBVF 0617GPCW
Q612222E61271

Anyone mind telling me what that all means again?? Been some time since I done any overclocking or comparing...
http://img479.imageshack.us/my.php?image=computerparts9mp.jpg

I love the case, very flimsy, but I love it. Has two huge *** fans, like 3 times the size of a 120mm fan for intake/exhaust, but yea it is a pain to work with.

charles_scott said:
The "review" conroe has so far, it hasn't been released yet. And the Intel burn outs I had where not caused by me, they just burned out. The AMD burn outs I have had are allways caused by a volt mod I do to the motherboard or my recent IHS removal....

Benchmarks have been run on production stepping you know.. Check out extreme tech

Strange.... CPUz shows that this is basically an FX chip... Says that it is an AMD Athlon 64 FX-39 rofl. Anyways almost none of the programs that I have downloaded are showing any information about this build correctly. Nothing shows the timings of my RAM, the manufacture of any of the parts like the motherboard/ram/graphics card... Only system propertys shows anything correctly... Anyways can't wait to get everything installed so I can run some benchmarks and start overclocking in a week or so.

CPUz just did... strange there name for the core is windsor while the box and newegg says that its Orleans.... wtf?? Plus CPUz is saying that it is a Dual Core processor but the box don't say anything about the cores.... Meh so far 2.3Ghz stable in prime for 15 min, 1.48Vcore, strange that's the lowest I can go with out staying stock... Oh and another thing these new chipsits are HOT AS ****!!!! It will literaly burn your finger, put my thumb on it for a split second and pulled it off.... Part of my finger print was melted.... And that is when there is no load on the system, and there are no temp probes on this motherboard for the processor or chipsit. I have been keeping an eye on the CPU heatsink, was a ***** to install, so much force is needed to get the stock heatsink clips down. But I put my finger as close as I can to the bottom and it's extremly cool down there.

@ cedjunior:
when he said "unless I forced the burn out or done something stupid like I did today." he was refering to amd.
im an amd/nvidia guy myself.. why you ask? no reason... why do houstonians like the astros? why does new york like the mets and yankees? simply because they were brought up that way. and if i were really updating my system that much, i'd look into intel no doubt. but if there were two chips equal in power, i'd go with amd because i too am a 'fanboy'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom