Not getting what I think I should

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLIandlovinit

Solid State Member
Not sure if i am posting in right forum but here goes.

I built my system hoping to get amazing performance and I dont think i am getting that. I am getting much better performance than my old pc but i was expecting more. My basic system details are in my sig if you need more ask. I am a an MMORPG player EQ2 to be exact and i want better grafics with no chop..is there something i can do to make performance better? tweaking overclocking(scared to do that) or something else..and is there any way to tell if both vid cards are acting like there supposed to besides the load balance moniter that came with the drivers. thx for any help in advance.

oh and btw sorry but i am bad at sentence structure and grammer lol

I think you are experiencing lag from your MMORPGs. Lag from your internet connection, and probably not from your hardware itself.

Have you tried any offline games to see how they run?

Yes i have...i also play 1st person shooters. I understand the MMORPG lag but i get some chop(not as bad) when playing offline games as well. is there a way to shut off memory hoggin components in windows to free up some more ram? oh and just to let you know the lag in online game dosent make game unplayable by any means..guess i am just looking for perfection or as close as i can get

Your issue is clearly your memory capacity...you're giving your system more memory than it knows what to do with and you're probably ending up with memory fragments all over the place that's killing your bandwidth and your memory read and write times

I still stand by saying anything over 1GB is overkill unless you're doing some workstation tasks...the bandwidth just isn't high enough to keep up yet

gaara said:
Your issue is clearly your memory capacity...you're giving your system more memory than it knows what to do with and you're probably ending up with memory fragments all over the place that's killing your bandwidth and your memory read and write times

I still stand by saying anything over 1GB is overkill unless you're doing some workstation tasks...the bandwidth just isn't high enough to keep up yet

I think that 2GB is the max, and 1GB is okay, and 512MB is BLAH!!!

IGeMex said:
He's saying take two gigs of ram out your pc and givem to me :)!

HAHAHA i like that one...so basicly i should take out about 2 gigs..ok i will try that..windows dosent even notice the whole 4 gigs anyway thx for the input guys

Most it supports is like 2gig, some people can get it to work with 3 i think, but after 2 performance is reduced a lot... Fear you should run with 2 gig.... That seems to be the only game that needs 2 gig...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom