northbridge, southbridge cooling???

Status
Not open for further replies.

noremacyug

Solid State Member
i just recieved my thermalright sp-97 heatsink with a tornado 92cm fan, as well as some new kingston hyper-x pc-3500 ram and of coarse some arctic silver 5. im planning to overclock here soon after i get everything put into a new case. but what id like to know is whether or not its necessary to swap out the stock northbridge cooling on my abit nf-7 mobo and if so, with what? im not sure i can fit anything else there once the sp-97 is mounted. also what about the southbridge, will it need or benefit much from placing passive or active cooling on it? im hoping to push my athalon 2500 xp to a 200fsbx11 or perhaps higher if itll go. id just like an opinion from you more experienced folk.

thanks in advance

no. You dont need to. Only the northbridge has eaither a heatsink or a fan on it. The southbridge is just raw. Nothing need to cool it down. If you change the cooling it will not like make it run faster or anything. Atleast i dont think... They sell waterblocks and stuff for them but i think there a waste of money. I think people only get them for show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom